Jan 7, 2020

Kittens in Akhanda Bharat!

Picture Credit: Myself!

 The kitten at my home
Whom I consider my daughter
Suffers from a unique fever
I know not what is the cure
Nor do I have an answer.

We have chosen a family doctor
Who claims to know the cure
He always has all the answers.
My mother is a skeptic, they say.
She lets the kitten endure suffering.

After days of disagreement
Mom is thrown out of home
Locking up Dad in forced slumber
The doctor stealthly administers
What he claims will work wonder.

We all knew the kitten was born
Under circumstances so terrible
That it inherited the unique fever
Vainly treated by vets from all over
Yet we pin our hopes on this doctor.

The kitten is forcibly tied up tight
How to treat if it puts up a fight?
And lo behold, what is the medicine?
To deprive it of all the accommodation
Done to put up with the uniqueness.

Should I celebrate the experiment?
Is this how I treat my daughter?
Or do I let it be as it is a mere kitten?
Am I sure someday the doctor will not
Treat me with one of his wonders?

Well, my name is Akhanda Bharat
I have usually been a mute spectator.
Though I do not have all the answers
I trust in the reputation of the doctor
For he protects holy cow from slaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment